Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Save the Date!!! Project Cupid Is Coming!

It's not what you think. I promise I'm not scheming some love story to make Valentine's Day 2010 my best yet.  I'm like the majority of my friends in thinking it's an overrated, commercialized holiday that only serves to increase capitalism and re-enforce the feeling of "not being in love." Cynical? Maybe - but mostly just realistic.


Project Cupid is an event that I became involved in as of today - but I'm just so excited about it that I wanted to post immediately. 


Taking place on Friday, February 5th at Red Sky in Boston, this is a charity event for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund - a hospital and charity that are incredibly close to my heart.  As a former employee of the Jimmy Fund, I'm very appreciative of the fact that I can continue to be involved, and encourage you all to do what you can as well.  Whether it's attending an event, or making a gift - the mission, the people, the research and the work that is done at DFCI are all truly wonderful things.


SO! On to the details... What is Project Cupid? It's an auction - but not just any auction.  An auction that involves men and women, "bachelors and bachelorettes" if you will.  And I will.  Because yours truly is going to be up on the auction block that night.  So get out the dollar dollar bills yo and start saving! 


100% of the money raised that night will go to the Jimmy Fund and the evening honors the memory of Isaias, a nine year old who lost his battle with cancer shortly before his 10th birthday.  I encourage you all to go to the website in order to learn more about the event and reason behind it.  Read More Here...


You can also do your part to help spread the word by becoming a fan of the Facebook Page...


Please save the date, Friday February 5th, and share this news with your friends.... What better way to end the work week then by helping out such a wonderful cause, having a few good laughs, and hearing someone say "Going Once, Going Twice, Sold...."  about me (and a group of other fine guys and gals). 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Girl!!! I can just see it now. I'm saving up my money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah-

    Thank you very much for helping me with this very important cause to me. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I'm Aileen and I'm wrangling the Bachelors and Bachelorettes for Project Cupid. I have heard that you have contacts at the Boston Fire Department. We were hoping to get some Bachelors that are firefighters, and have made inquiries, but with no success yet.

    Could you contact me at the Project Cupid email to discuss?

    Thanks!
    Aileen

    ReplyDelete