Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Do What You Can...

If you haven't been witness to the coverage of the horrible earthquake that shook Haiti to its core, all you need to do is go to the internet, the news, or the magazine rack.  If you're reading the articles and experiencing the images from any of those vehicles, I hope you realize that you're blessed to be on the spectator side.  The tellings of tragedy will continue to emerge, the ones of miracles and hope may begin to dwindle, but this event of colossal disruption and damage isn't going away.  If you have a roof over your head, a meal tonight, or a drink of water this afternoon like I have, then I hope you'll take a moment to feel thankful for those things.  You've heard it elsewhere, and I want to put it here, I hope you can make a donation to  help.  For those of you that work in fundraising you know that every dollar ads up - $10 can make a difference, and no matter how we may struggle financially, I hope you'll do what you can. 



Or text "HAITI" to "90999"

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little - do what you can.  ~Sydney Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment