Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sarah Said She Won't... This Year...

I decided to take a hiatus from running the Boston Marathon this year.  As someone who never liked to run to begin with, doing the marathon seemed like an impossible feat - something I never thought I would do, something I never thought I would have the desire to do, but something that I actually became inspired to do.  I ran on the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge Team two years in a row, fundraising over $17,000 in two years - wow.  That's a big number written like that! But this year, I'm taking a break. That being said, one of my very best friends Julie is running.  She ran last year with me, and she's tackling it again, she's in New York City, she jaunts  up to Boston (by bus...) every now and then to train on the course, but she too is fundraising and running for Dana-Farber.

Check out her blog - it's awesome...

And if you have a little in your wallet, but even more in your heart, see if you can make a gift to her fundraising.... Every dollar adds up.  And if not, then follow her journey - she's got some great insight on men and running :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms. S

    Hope you're enjoying the new decade - so far anyway.

    Ces't moi ~

    ReplyDelete