Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Needed My Sandwich Standby

Sometimes I have a day when I just need an extra peanut butter and honey sandwich. That's my sandwich of choice by the way. I have my Mom to thank for introducing me to the wonderful blend of crunchy, salty, peanuts, mixed with sweet and creamy honey.

I had that sandwich as a kid, I had that blend on Ritz crackers as an after school snack, and I still have that sandwich on a day like today. A day that I need a little comfort, a little rest, and a little taste of something familiar.

I've been doing a lot of cooking lately, in fact, I just bought a food processor/blender which I've definitely been having fun with. I've made strawberry smoothies for breakfast, I made a butternut squash soup featuring finely diced apples and onions - quite delicious. I've also bought crushed tomatoes for a homemade tomato sauce, and an oversized can of black beans to make a spicy bean dip.

I love to cook and try new foods, but when there aren't too many stable things in life right now, it's nice to know that my standby of peanut butter and honey never fails me.

SG26

No comments:

Post a Comment