Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Knew It!

I'm not cynical - far from it. I'm also not an "I told you so!" kind of person. But something just happened that is so perfect, so funny, and I feel fine saying, "See?! I told you so!"

As a follow up to my previous entry, The Etiquette of Social Pleasantries" I have to fill you in on the conversation (or maybe lack there of!) that just transpired with the said doorman.

Me: "Hello!"
Doorman: "How are you today?"

Me: "I'm good thanks!" Period. Done. End of statement. No question in return. Finished.
Doorman: "I'm grrrreat thank you."

I didn't ask. I didn't not ask on purpose, I just didn't ask, because I didn't feel like it. Well, doorman responded anyway! See?! It's routine, it's expected, it's what he says to everyone! I bet you he isn't great. I bet you he's unhappy with his job, maybe even with life - that's why he's just on repeat! Poor guy....

Although I didn't mean for the entry into my apartment building to become an experiment in social behavior, it kind of became one. And I'd like to say that my theory proved true!

No comments:

Post a Comment