Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Heart Chi-Town

I have a love affair going on with my new city.  There are so many places, so many people, and so many things to see, I don't know what to do first.  I'm on sensory overload, trying to look at everything (and everyone), experience every restaurant, bar, store, sidewalk... There is simply not enough time in my day! A good friend once shared a quote with me, that his father always said... "You can't live life all at once" I'm trying to remember that, because the opportunities here are endless!

So far I've joined a flag football team.  Hard to believe I know, because I was the girl that got hurt in a high school powder puff game, and the same girl who sprained her ankle a week before college graduation playing softball.  But I have the heart, so I'm giving it a go.  We played yesterday and I think I did a decent job of covering my "zone." I even caught a pass.  Phew.  I think they'll keep me around.

Last night I went to Oktoberfest.  It was my personal heaven on earth.  More beer and boys then I knew what to do with.  Thank you sir, may I have another!

Bars here are BYOB, which is awesome - bring your own wine, beer, flask, whatever.  And save big money.

I'm sitting at Starbucks right now watching beautiful people walk down the street.  Everyone here is so nice, I even had a stranger compliment my teeth.  People aren't afraid to talk to you here, everyone is laid back, fun, and beyond good looking - in a very Americana type of way.

Chicago is starting to feel like home.  And I hope to be able to share many good adventures on here.  Look out Chi-town! Some girl is coming through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment