Monday, September 13, 2010

Are You a Warrior?

Tomorrow is my first day at work.  Words can't express how excited I am to be a part of the company that has extended me such an awesome opportunity.  Red Frog Events, is an event planning company with really one goal - to create "the most fun day of your life" type of races.  They do the Great Urban Race, a city-based Scavenger Hunt, Beach Palooza, a water front obstacle course, and finally, the Warrior Dash - the most gnarly, extreme, crazy type of race I've ever seen.   From crawling through mud pits, to scaling stone walls, and then jumping over fire for the finish line, these people know how to have a good, yet semi-crazy time.

Tomorrow, on my first day at work, I'll board a plane to New York to set-up the Warrior Dash Northeast at Windham Mountain.  I have no idea when I'm leaving, what to bring, what my job will be when I'm there. I'm expecting to find out more details today.  What I do know is that it's going to be one outrageously fun week, filled with amazing people, some seriously good times, and on Saturday and Sunday, some of the wildest racers that I've ever seen.  To top the race off, there's of course a music festival, beer, and racers get their own Warrior helmet.  

The irony of all of this, is back in February, one of my best friends suggested we sign up for this and I thought she was crazy.  The fact that I would be working with the company who plans it, a mere 7 months later.... talk about the unexpected adventures of life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment