Thursday, November 12, 2009

Girl's Gotta Work!

So in my quest to find what I want to be doing, I've realized two things:

1. It's good to try everything at least once

2. I'll pretty much do anything (excluding anything illegal and soul selling) for money - no matter how much

When I left my job at the Jimmy Fund, I went to work at a restaurant - actually, a sports bar right at Fenway. I've worked in a restaurant before, everything from family focused to fine dining, so a Red Sox bar was a piece of cake. It was also a ton of fun. I made good money, met some good friends, and even got a few good dates. But with the Sox season coming to an end earlier then most of us had hoped, the money faded - and fast. So fast that I could barely afford to work there any longer, which is why I had to leave.

I've done focus groups. The easiest $75 I made was trying a razor for 2 weeks. Free Razor + $75 = a happy girl.

I've been babysitting for people in my building. Some pay $15 an hour, some pay $8. I try to stick with the higher paying peeps, but like I said, girl's gotta pay the bills!

And now, my newest paid venture is going to be working as a "Brand Ambassador" - you know who they are. The girls who come into the bar on a busy night wearing clothes 3 sizes too small and knee high boots - offering free shots of liquor (please keep in mind, I'm not type casting, I'm just giving you the truth - because they came into my restaurant all summer!). Or they might be the girls standing on the side of the street, passing out free energy drinks or packs of gum.

I, however, will not cram myself into clothes that show off every bulge, dimple, and love handle (yes, I have them, I'm not perfect and won't try to be) - I will however, put on a pair of yoga pants in order to sell the next "fit video game" for Wii!

That's right people. I'm going to brand ambass for a new video game, for a system I don't even own. The good news is, is that I like yoga, I'll get a workout doing this, and I'm getting paid quite well.

My first training is today,where I'll get to learn how to play and operate the game (I hope). And then I start on Monday. So to quote an already over quoted movie... "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment