Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Color of Light

I'm happy to be home in my apartment at this very moment. The sun is setting in a way that I might not otherwise have seen. It's turning my walls a brilliant shade of gold - streaming in through my window, bouncing off the different colors in my rooms. Off the stainless steel of the fridge, the pale pink and brown in my bedroom, the dark cherry wood in my living room. It's all a vibrant gold - one I'm not able to capture on film, my camera won't do it justice. The intensity of the color is now slowly fading... the gold has now turned softer, the walls are returning to their previous state of neutral.

The color of the light came and went within a matter of minutes, not to be revisited today. Perhaps it will return again tomorrow. If not, I'm content that I witnessed such a kaleidoscope of color, a splash of brilliancy for three minutes, just now in this moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment