Monday, February 8, 2010

Project Cupid Recap....

Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match.  For charity of course.  The long awaited Project Cupid took place this past Friday evening.  As you know, yours' truly was up on the auction block and I'm proud to say I went for $80 - the second highest girl I think.  Not too shabby if you ask me.

Before I mention who the high bidder was, I'd like to first say what an amazing time I had.  The organizers did a fabulous job, the room was packed, the event raised over $4,000 for the Jimmy Fund and Dana-Farber, and everyone had a great time.  Thank you so much to all of my friends who came out as both supporters and as fellow bachelors.  You guys rock.  It meant so much to me seeing the hands of my amazing friends popping up on both sides of the stage to place a bid.  Friends from the Jimmy Fund, Bates, Ben & Jerry's, Game On, even friends from the local news contributed to the fun and success - it was fabulous.

While my friends were dropping bids on me, the winner was actually a stranger.  With a bright spotlight on the platform where we were auctioned, I had a hard time seeing much past the first or second row.  Likewise, those people in the fifth and sixth row probably had a hard time seeing the dance moves I was busting on stage.  Girls' gotta get the dollars right?!  After hearing "Sold, $80 dollars!" I stepped off the stage, into the crowd, and managed to meet the guy who bought me.  Surprised is the best word.  Maybe even pleasantly surprised.  Because before me stood a really cute, good looking guy, my age, nice smile, well dressed, and happy to have won! 

I'm not going to go into specifics about him quite yet, because we haven't gone out for our date.  But I'll tell you more as I learn more.  All I know is that he has my number, and he also has the gift certificate for our restaurant.  Which means, he better call! Girl wants the dinner... and the date! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for participating Sarah...I am happy that you had a good time. I would love to get together for a coffee, brunch or lunch with you one of these days.

    ReplyDelete